My Reasons...

Friday, March 16, 2012

Reason # 3,612

Reason #3,612.... Those Little Bastards...

Had another one of those moments yesterday... One that broke my heart...

Had to run some errands at he mall.  Decided to let the kiddos run around in the indoor play area to have some fun and let off some steam before heading home...

Bean was doing backflips and JJ, as always, found a group of boys to clown around with...

I let my attention lapse for a few minutes, and when I looked up, I could not see Bean.  I stood up and started to run around the area calling for her.  I finally found her curled up under a waterfall structure... Crying... Sobbing..

I pulled her out and tried to calm her down.  I asked her what happened... Did anyone say something or do something to her???  She just sobbed and said that she "made the other kids scared."  She told me that the next time we come to the play area, she will just go under the waterfall structure so that the other kids don't have to see her...

I looked around to see what kids were nearby... I saw kids looking sheepish... I saw kids looking upset that they may have been wrong... I saw one Dad down on his knee sternly speaking to his child while pointing in our direction...

This should have been an opportunity to be an educator...

But, sometimes I just don't feel like taking the high road... I just don't feel like parenting 'your' kids...

I took the low road... I glared like the devil at every one there that did not step up... I felt them cower in discomfort... In my heart, I wished them harm...

I scooped up my kids and we ran...

We ran for the comfort of being away from them...

When we finally sat, I looked Bean in the eye and I told her, I vowed to her, that she is AWESOME...

"You are so amazing and strong and beautiful.  You possess love and laughter and life.  Those kids are STUPID and POOPYHEADS!!!!! They are vain and ugly... They do not deserve to have someone as awesome and amazing and funny as you in their lives... It's their loss... Those little bastards..."

She laughed... Still crying, but laughed...

Not my proudest Mommy Moment... But, you know what... This is life.  

This is our life...

I asked her today if she wanted to talk about it and she had seemed to have forgotten about it... But, it makes me wonder what kind of memories she will hash up in the future...

But, at least today, I have this amazing, funny kiddo...

Reason # 3,612 

No comments:

Post a Comment