My Reasons...

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reason # 2,177

"Mom, I want to..."
"I know, but I think that you will be too scared.."
"Mom, I want to...."

I am seven months pregnant, we are in a foreign country and all my crazy girl wants to do is repel down the zip line from our hotel to the beach...

I did it the year before... Daddy did it the year before... She did it the year before...

Very unsuccessfully...

The year before, she was a wreck... we could barely get her back to the hotel because the trauma was so significant... 

She is determined to do it this year...

I'm sick to my stomach... She straps up, she smiles at me, she gives me the thumbs up sign....
I'm freaking out but she is fine...

For a few terrifying seconds I hear her scream on the way down... I can't help her... Her dad is at the bottom... Then all is done, he flashes me a thumbs up... She wants to go again!!!

My girl overcomes her fears... she is, simply, a warrior among warriors... She is hardcore...

Reason # 2177

No comments:

Post a Comment