My Reasons...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Reason # 3321

Sometimes, as a parent, you envision these moments... these dreams...
This morning, I slipped a copy of Justin Bieber "Never Say Never" dvd into her backpack with a special note of encouragement...
I gave her extra money to get books at her book fair today...
This evening, I picked her up from dance and told her that I had 2 coupons AND a gift card for Justice, so lets do some fast shopping, because we should be able to get ALOT of stuff for cheap...
My expectation:
"Thank you, Mom!"  "You are awesome"  "Thank you for doing so much for me"  "I appreciate you"
Actual:
"Mom, they were sold out of the JB poster at the book fair"  "Mom, I finished my math homework" (I throw this in b/c it shows that she went through her backpack and saw the dvd and note with no acknowledgement) "Ellie, please put that down, we already checked out and need to go... (after 1.5 hours at the frikkin store...)
This led to a reprimand about gratitude, which led to a breakdown...
After some reflection, she told me that she had a song for me...
She carefully and determendly sang me a song that she made up in her head...
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I love you, I'm sorry.... Oh wait... I... thank you... Thank you for everything..."
In her sweet un-intelligible sing-song...
She makes my heart melt everytime....
Reason#3,321...

No comments:

Post a Comment