My Reasons...

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Reason # 3,313

We went to the Hallmark store today to buy Mothers day cards for Grandma and Nanny.  Ellie insisted that she wanted to buy a card for me, but it had to be secret...

I gave her $5.00 and told her that she could pick out whatever card that she wanted from the whole store.

She walked up and down the aisles and kept coming back to me...

"Mom, do you want a card with music?"

"Bean, pick out whatever card that you want to get"

"Mom, do you want a card a card with flowers?  What color flowers do you like?"

"Bean, pick out whatever card that you want to get"

Quite frankly, I wouldn't care if she picked me a card off of the St Patrick's clearance lot or a card for Kwaanza... I just know that she is excited about picking it out by herself...

I finally ask an employee to go to the card aisle and find the kid who looks overwhelemed and ask her to help read the cards... I explain to her that I don't care what the card is, as long as she is happy with it... 

After ten more minutes with a screaming two year old in tow, she finally goes to the register, pays for the card, and we leave...

She keeps telling me that it's the "Best Card Ever"...

I will let you know exact;y what it is tomorrow...

Happy Mothers Day!!!!!!

Reason # 3,313

No comments:

Post a Comment