My Reasons...

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Reasons # 3,500 and 1,254

Reasons # 3,500 and 1,254...

Cinnamon Pie and I don't want to want...

I've been trying to get into the whole 'Thanksgiving' thing this year, but it's been hard... Not to say that I'm not 'Thankful'.  I am filled with gratitude and I give thanks every minute of every day for the incredible blessings that I have... I'm just not all into the whole cooking and gathering thing this year...

Bean has been a little put off by the fact that we are not celebrating in a 'traditional' way this year, so in a last minute effort we made a night time trek to Publix on Thanksgiving Eve... I thought that it would be a horrible experience- filled with last minute shoppers crazed on filling their lists.  But, it was actually cool...

The store was crowded, but the kiddos were soooooo well behaved...We saw so many familiar faces (the employees at Publix know us VERY well...)  We were filled with well wishes and high fives and hugs.  It was a really nice trip to the grocery store...

I bought a small turkey breast and some pre-made sides and some cinnamon scented pine cones to make a centerpiece out of.  I don't know if we will have the turkey and sides tomorrow, but we will have a Thanksgiving meal at some point this weekend.

After we got home, Bean was coloring some pictures of Pilgrims and Turkeys that she brought home from school.  I put the pine cones in a basket and placed them in the center of the dining room table. She asked me what they were and I explained that they smelled like cinnamon and it was a nice scent in the house... Part of Beans dx/syndrome/anatomy is that she has no sense of smell.  She was very excited that the house would smell like cinnamon, although I'm not sure what that means to her.  She declared that anyone coming into our house would think that we were baking cinnamon pie... I don't know what a cinnamon pie is, but I am going to make sure that we have one this weekend..

JJ has a new thing... He responds "I don't want to want" to everything that he wants...

For example... "JJ, do you want to watch Cars?"... "No, I don't want to want to watch Cars" But, he really wants to watch Cars... "JJ, do you want a cookie?"... "No, I don't want to want a cookie."  But, he really wants a cookie...

Putting him to bed tonight, I told him, "JJ, I love you."  HIs response... "No, I don't want to want to love you"... For a split second, it made me sad- but, then my heart was filled with joy....

These kiddos just fill my heart and soul with Thanks and Gratitude... I hope that you all have a great weekend...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment