My Reasons...

Monday, November 14, 2011

Reasons # 1,245 and 3,941....

Reasons # 1,245 and 3,941....  Thanksgiving...

Everyday this month, I've had friends posting on the fb about what they are grateful for... A month of gratitude broken down by day... Day #1: I am thankful for.... Day #2: I am thankful for....

I've been meaning to jump on this train and write out my gratitudes aech day, but the time just gets away from me...

Therefore, today, I am thankful and grateful... for these amazing little lives that touch my heart and soul every day in a way that I never thought possible.  Even when I am in my darkest place or my heart feels cold, they manage to pour into me a light that is brighter and hotter than a thousand suns...

There is never a day that goes by that I am not brought to the heights and depths of emotion for them.  When they are sad, I drown... When they laugh, I am elated with glee...

I love that, at the end of each day, I get to hold them tight and let our love and bond be their last memory as they float off into slumber...

The kids spent the day with their Dad on Sunday while I did some stuff... When I arrived hometo make dinner, JJ ran to me and had this wild look in his eyes.... A strange mix of fear and happiness... Almost like an actor portraying a crazed person... And he kept repeating, "You scared  me!"- In a kind of laughing, sing-song voice and hugging me non-stop...

After all had calmed down and dinner was done and we were getting ready for bed, JJ came to me and placed his hands on my cheeks, and looked into my eyes and said, very seriously,"You scared me."  He genuinely missed me during that course of 6 or so hours and it seemed to scare him that I wasn't coming back or something...

It really touched me, because it made me realize that *I* have the same impact on my kids that they have on me...

They truly are the Reasons Why I Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment