My Reasons...

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Reason # 3,481... The Half Hug...

Reason # 3,481... The Half Hug...

Evenings are usually a weird balance of manic and structure around here...

By the time I pick the kiddos up from Aftercare and Daycare there is a rush of stuff that needs to be done before bedtime...

Afterschool Activities, Homework, Dinner, BathTime, Bed Time...

It's alot to fit into a 2 or 3 hour window...

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are proving especially hard this year...

Tuesdays are her rehearsal night for her Dance Company.  I have promised her that, as long as she completes her homework, she can continue this...

Wednesdays are our Church Night- She has Bible Study or Praise Team.  Again, I have promised her that, as long as she completes her homework, she can continue this...

Both of these nights put us way out of our routine and we don't even get home for dinner until our normal bedtime...

It has been a challenge over the last few weeks to get home and eat and get ready for bed and for all of us to be nice to each other, because we're hungry and tired and out of routine... But, we're getting it done...

After Company Rehearsal tonight, I asked the kids to get their drinks and sit at the table while I got dinner ready...

I'm standing in front of the stove and I feel this tiny arm reach gently and quietly and quickly around me... And then it was gone...

I was amused at first and asked..."Bean!!!  What was that??? A half hug???"

She replied... "I know we're in a hurry... I'm going to the table with my drink..."

WHOA!!!!!!! WAIT!!!!! STOP!!!!!

We will NEVER be too busy or preoccupied in this house to give FULL HUGS!!!!  The next 10 minutes were filled with the AWESOME, AMAZING, SOUL FULFILLING HUGS that should NEVER be taken for granted...

I know that no one reads these silly notes of mine.... But, if even one person does read this, take the time to HUG and make that HUG SPECIAL... The person that you are giving the hug to is receiving more gifts than you will ever know...

1 comment: