My Reasons...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Reason # 3,462

Our Third Sleep Study, and she thinks that she is a pro...
But, tonight was the first time that she opened up and asked the Tech questions...
1,000,005 questions...
Why does this probe go there?  What does it do?  Why do you plug it into that hole?  How does that work?  What does that mean?  What if I "? insert ?", what will happen?  What about this probe?
She asked valid questions about how the brain works and how the equipment works...
It was brilliant!
When she was told that she would have a pin stick in the morning, she equated it to 'Ms Jennifer' and how she does her diabetes tests...
She was so brave and so smart...
The tech told me that she asked the best questions and offered the best answers of any child that he had tested...
So proud....
She made us laugh, and come up with appropriate answers...
And it made me sad...
How is it that this kiddo, that is sooooo smart and so curious, can't write out a sentence at school?  She can't spell out words and can't  come up with stories with words that are provided to her?  She cannot, despite all of her efforts, make her handwriting legible, but she can master scientific ideas?
I know that my girl will go far and succeed, but I fear that the road that she has to face in school is only going to stifle her...
She has been tested and tested, at my request, but no learning disabilites have been caught...
But, I know that they are there....
There is no way that a girl that is this smart, who is so perceptive, can be considered "failing"...
In the long run, she is going to teach us so much... I don't care what the scholastic tests tell us...
She is a brilliant little mind, and she will be keeping us on our toes for many years to come...
Reason # 3,462...

No comments:

Post a Comment