My Reasons...

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Reason # 3,464

I'm not sure which note that I want to write for 3,464... I have two... So I will write two completely unrelated notes in one...
First, I want to write about an incredible person who has touched Beans Life...
Mr. Mike... I've only had the pleasure of meeting him this week, but I've heard such wonderful things about him for a long time...
Mr. Mike works in the cafeteria at Beans school.  He has taken an incredible interest in her and is always asking her to teach him signs.  He is engaged and interested and exactly the kind of person that I want in Beans life.  I found out tonight that he is transferring to another school for a promotion.
I am so proud of him and his wonderful opportunity, but, I am sad that Bean will lose this beautiful soul who encourages her personality...
Second, I want to talk about 'self-soothing'...
This has always been an issue for Bean...
When she melts down, she melts down hard with very little chance of return...
Tonight she reminded me of something... I don't know why it felt so profound tonight, but it brought back a rush of emotions...
When Bean is coming out of a meltdown and needs soothing, she does this thing....
She puts her nose to my nose and runs it gently up to my forehead...  I put my nose to hers and run it gently up to her forehead...
It's so primitive and gentle and silly....
But, it's a very clear sign that she is back to herself...
I so love this girl...
Reason # 3,464

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's great! I hope E stays in touch with Mr. Mike. That is so special!! I stay in touch with Mrs. Clarke.

    ReplyDelete