My Reasons...

Monday, April 16, 2012

Our kids are LEADERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjjeHeAzZZM


I've seen so much chatter online over the last few days about this movie. 

I'm alarmed at how many parent comments run along the vain of "It's just a movie and it won't make a difference", "Kids are kids and that's just the way it is", "Those kids should just suck it up", "This kind of stuff will help them accept life later", "This is who they are, they need to just put on their big boy pants.", "This is just a marketing tool"...

Really????

Really???

Have we become so jaded and overwhelmed in our society that we have forgotten to teach our children?
That we allow them to just succumb to peer pressure with no consequence?
Do we allow our kids to just 'go with the flow' because standing up will, maybe, cause them to be the subject of an uncomfortable situation?
Isn't our responsibility to teach our kids to be LEADERS?
In their classrooms, in their community, in their personal lives and and personal accountability?

I am proud that I stand up for my child and I am even more proud that my child stands up for others...

I don't often ask friends to share, but...

If you agree with my words, please like and share...

Because it is important that we raise leaders and we stand by them...

xoxo~K

No comments:

Post a Comment