My Reasons...

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Reason # 3,637... Alternate Title... What Do Words Really Mean...

Reason # 3,637... Alternate Title... What Do Words Really Mean...

During my pregnancy with Bean I was given many words and terms...

Polyhydramnios.  At Risk Pregnancy.  Level 3 Ultrasound.  Trisomy 18.  Bed Rest.  Be Prepared.  Unknown.  

Some of these were words that were in my vocabulary.  Some were newly introduced...  I took them all in stride.  The words that were unfmailiar became a new part of my vocabulary... I was ok...

On the day that Bean was born, I was given more words.  Different words...

Emergency C-Section.  Syndrome. Treacher Collins.  Compromised Airway.  NICU.  Pulse Ox.  Trachetomy.  NG Tube.  Failure to Thrive.

Again, I knew some of these words, and the rest became part of my new vocabulary...

What I did not expect was that words that I 'knew', that had been words very familar in my life, would first have meaning...

Unconditional Love.  Joy.  Awe.  Beauty.  Comfort.  Stregth.  Reality.  Whatever the word is that describes how your heart just melts when you see your child for the first time...

These were words that I had been taught, I 'knew' what they meant... But for the first time in my life, I FELT them...

I looked into these incredibly dark brown eyes that had a wisdom in them that spanned the universe.  These eyes that had been open for less than 24 hours, yet held the key to every emotion in my heart.  Looking into these sage eyes, I saw limitless opportunity...

Over the years, I've learned new words.

PT.  ST.  OT.  IEP.  911.  Advocate.  Protector.  Too many medical terms to list...

But, the first words that I felt in that moment are the ones that are most important...

Unconditional Love.  Joy.  Awe.  Beauty.  Comfort.  Stregth.  Reality.  

These are the words that I knew.  The words that I had learned in school.  But, until I felt them, I never really, truly, knew them.

I gladly add words to my vocabulary... Words that I knew before, but could never really define until they were real to me...

Awesome.  Rockstar.  Salvation.  Absolute.

This is my girl, my 3,637, The Reason Why I Love....

Happy Birthday Beanie!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment