My Reasons...

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Reason # 1,046

Over the last few weeks, John John and I have developed a special morning routine...

Mornings are hectic in our house... there is no total 1:1 time....

Bean and I have about 5 minutes of 1:1 time when I wake her up... Snuggles, cuddles, time to wake up....

JJ gets: Get up, get dressed, lets make lunch boxes together, OMG we're late....

LET'S GO!!!!  It's Frantic and Hurried... 

Flurry of back packs and lunch boxes and agendas that need to be signed and where is your permission slip and what?  You needed cookies today?  You needed themed napkins and plates today?  You needed a signed donation slip for the charity of the month?

In the car... On the ride... Bean gets dropped off... We get to Johns school...

"I want a snack"... We sit outside of the front door of J's Daycare.   

Sometimes for a minute... Sometimes for 30 minutes....

We sit and share a snack and we greet all of our friends as they come in...  Some friends (Holden and Caroline) get intimate hugs... Some friends (whose names we don't know) get the door held for them and wishes of a good day...

There is a flurry of "Good Morning" "Thank You" "Good Job"...

JJ goes in to his day feeling Happy and Satisfied.... I know that when I have to leave, he is safe and treasured...

I see other parents dragging their kids in- fuming that they have to get to work, or don't embarrass me by whining/crying, and I wonder if they could just take 5 minutes to make both of their days better...

Other parents have asked me why I sit on that bench every morning... and I gladly respond... I want to have that few minutes with J... I want him to know that this is OUR time... Everything else can wait...

He is my Reason... 1,046

No comments:

Post a Comment