My Reasons...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reason # 3,289

I've spoken before about Beans awesome laugh and how infectious it is.  Well, underlying her laugh is her awesome, quirky sense of humor.

She has this amazing ability to make anyone laugh.  Sometimes she is silly.  Sometimes she is sarcastic.  Sometimes she is just sassy.  Regardless of her delivery, she is remarkably and uniquely funny...

Two exchanges that happened today...

(prelude:  Bean LOVES knock knock jokes...)
Driving in the car to Doctors office:
Knock Knock.
Who's There?
Crazy.
Crazy Who?
YOU!!!!!!!
Followed by her crazy, funny, rapid-fire laugh... I cracked up pretty hard, too... 

(prelude: At local, very well renowned Doctors office)
(prelude: Bean has lost alot of feeling in and around her mouth due to nerve damage from surgeries)
Doctor and I are discussing the need for diligence in checking Beans mouth for sores because she won't complain about it until it's severe...
Dr:  "Yeah, she's a tough cookie."
Bean kneels up in the chair and quickly signs something.  Doctor looks at me because he doesn't understand.  I didn't quite catch it so I ask her to repeat.  This prompts her to kneel up taller so that she is face to face with Doctor.
Bean is now signing and vocalizing in her sassiest tone.
Bean: "Hey! Don't call me COOKIE!"
The room falls silent because no one talks to Doctor like that... Until he explodes in laughter and the whole room just follows suit...

Her humor and confidence are the Reasons Why I Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment