My Reasons...

Friday, August 19, 2011

Reason # 3,417


brave
 [breyv] adjective, brav·er, brav·est, noun, verb, braved, brav·ing.–adjective
1.possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
2.making a fine appearance.
3.Archaic . excellent; fine; admirable.

I'm always a little taken back when people tell me that I am Brave...

Me...

I don't see it, and I don't believe it... When you look at the definition of Brave, it is not me...

This is what I am...
Mom, Chauffer, Concierge, Advocate, Boo Boo Healer, Monster Slayer, Food Preparer, Clothes Cleaner, Dog Walker, Pirate Captain, Finder of Lost Stuff, ATM, Alarm Clock, Book Reader, Personal Shopper...

None of these things falls into the definition of Brave...

Bean is Brave... Fighting past her fears, fighting through her pain, fighting through adversity... Showing courage in all facets of her life.

And always, ALWAYS, coming out of it and being able to regain her laugh, her smile, her charm, and most importantly.... the ability to just be a child.

She is a Warrior.  A Champion. A Fighter.  And yet, still vulnerable...

This morning, I donned the space suit and put on the sterile cap.  We walked hand in hand down the sterile corridor.  To the 'White Room'.  She bravely climbed up on the table and took the mask from the anesthesiologist.  We hug, chest to chest and hold the mask together.  Whispering "I love you" until she falls limp against me.

For the next few hours I am shrouded in anxiety, but I know that she will come out the other side of this with the same grace and tenacity that defines who she is... 

I so love this girl...

1 comment: