My Reasons...

Friday, August 26, 2011

Reason # 3,424


Reason #3.424

This has not been the best week, as far as fostering a wonderful Mommy/Daughter relationship...

Bean is coming off of 2 back to back surgeries in less than a week.  Although we had many discussions prior to each surgery, neither of us had expected some of the physical and emotional repercussions that she is experiencing.

Due to the fact that I am the appointment setter, the Doctor visitor, the hospital driver, etc... I am the one that gets the brunt of her resentment.  

This and the fact that I 'made' her miss her first week of school.  Not only did she miss school and aftercare and her friends, but she had to come to work with me everyday, which is not very fun for a nine year old...

It has been a very tiring week...

We are finally home tonight and I'm listening to the kiddos watch Blues Clues as I make dinner.  They are laughing hysterically at some joke that I just don't get...

Out of nowhere, I feel her behind me snuggling her cheek into my back and wrapping her arms around my stomach...

"Bean!  You scared me!"

She giggles and hugs me a little tighter...

"Mom, this hug is for nothing... This hug is just because I love you..."

And- Just like that- All is good in the world again...

No comments:

Post a Comment