My Reasons...

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Reason # 3,541

Reason # 3,541

vul·ner·a·ble: adjective
1. Capable of or susceptible to being wounded or hurt, as by a weapon: a vulnerable part of the body.
2. Open to moral attack, criticism, temptation, etc.: a argument vulnerable to refutation; He is vulnerable to bribery.
3.(of a place) open to assault; difficult to defend: a vulnerable bridge.

As we get prepared for another round of ortho and dental appointments, It made me feel kind of reflective... I forced myself to look at my personal fear of doctors and really take a good, hard look at what Beanie goes through... Being vulnerable...

The idea of laying on my back and having my mouth wide open brings on absolute panic attacks... Like, shoot me up with wine in my IV... Like, give me valium or something, to take away the anxiety... Like, I would rather stand in a room full of strangers and give a speech... And, if you know me, you know that the concept is debilitating...

And yet, she goes in... Like a Warrior... an absolute Fortress of Strength...

I feel ashamed that I have been so aloof that she should be so strong...

Oh, She's a tough kiddo... This is nothing for her...

If I were faced with the same shit, I would be crawled up in a corner and shaking and spitting and cursing...

Yet, she has this grace and strength and fortitude....

She is vulnerable to very few things in this hard, cold, cruel world...

I don't know, exactly, where she managed to get this overwhelming ability to just overcome everything...

She makes me embarrassed about my silly hang ups...

One of my resolutions this year is to try to feel less vulnerable....

Funny what a 9 year old can teach you about life...

She is the Reason Why I Love...

1 comment:

  1. Go Ellie! You ca do it, Kerri! My mom would describe me the same way as Ellie. David has anxiety and hates the doctor. He hasn't had a physical in a long time.

    ReplyDelete