My Reasons...

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Reason # 14,687

I'm laying here, stressed because I cannot sleep... Stressed because I let other peoples emotions become mine today... Stressed because I became angry about letting other people influence my emotions... Stressed because I have to deal with so much shit in so little time and I feel like the clock does not belong to me...

And then I see the date.  I realize the the anniversary is so close and it forces me to pause... To take a step back... And I stop...

There is nothing in this world that is that important that I should feel that I have to rush... Because we have this time...

I will not rush the kids to get ready for school.  If we are late- so what, we are late.  But, we are there...

I will not rush them off to bed.  If it's past bedtime- so what, we are there...

I will not let the random hug or cuddle or kiss or giggle go by unrequited... They will be returned with mass abundance...

I will not speak of that day in this note, because it deserves it's own voice.  But, I will reaffirm my gratitude for having this day, this moment and all of the moments that lie ahead...

I'm taking a huge guess at this Reason #... Reason # 14,687... Wow... That makes me pretty old... But I'm gonna stick with it...

The Reasons Why I Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment