My Reasons...

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Reason # 3,247

I know it's the weekend... I know we bend bedtime rules on the weekend... We eat too much sugar... We watch too much TV... We play too many silly games... We stay up later...

"Alright, Beanie, it's 9:30... You really need to start getting ready for bed..."

And she does, without argument... Teeth are brushed, PJ's are put on... I climb into bed after her to kiss her goodnight and she simply asks... "Mom, please sleep with me..."

At first, I say "No"... It's late... You need to go to sleep... All of the usual answers... (I'm tired... I have laundry to fold... It's way past your bedtime)- but, all of a sudden, my answer changes to "Yes"...

My beautiful girl folds her arms around my neck and holds me close... One last kiss on the cheek as I hear her breathing change into the deep snore of slumber...

I know that my girl has fallen asleep satisfied and happy... I carefully move her arms and untangle our embrace... I take a loving, long look at her sweet sleeping silhouette...

I promptly fall on my middle aged, out of shape ass while trying to climb out of the bunk bed...

But, I do it with a smile on my face because I know that she is enjoying sweet dreams...

Reason # 3,247

No comments:

Post a Comment