My Reasons...

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reason # 1,172


Reason # 1,172

While at the store today, the kiddos came across the school supply aisle and both got their minds set on getting a notebook.

Ellie, of course, picked out Justin Bieber.  John John picked out 'Speed'... He has a Lightning McQueen car that rattles and shakes and says, "Speed.... I am Speed..".  Therefore, Lightning McQueens name is now 'Speed'.

Walking out to the car, they each carried their own notebooks.  Filled with pride and dreams of what they would be filled with...

As we approached our car, there was an older woman parked next to us packing up her car with her purchases.  JJ ran up to her and immediately began his high-pitched, excited, almost un-intelligible babble... Her face lit up with delight...

"Um, um, I got, um, my speed, um, um, I go color, um, um, a-pakapaka, um, like that!!!"

The sweet woman giggled at JJ's charm and excitement...

As I began packing them into the car, the woman called out, "What is your name?"

JJ responded, with incredible clarity, "John John Burns."

I turned to him, wide-eyed, and yelled excitedly, "JJ!!!!!! You've never said you last name before!!!"  I had never heard him say it, and never expected it with such clarity!

Ellie joined in my excitement, clapping and yelling, "What's your name?" over and over.  Each time the same clear response...

For about three minutes, we were a trio of fools in the middle of the Target parking lot... Laughing, clapping and yelling back and forth to each other...

I hadn't noticed that the woman was still there, I had assumed she had driven away by now... When I turned around she was sitting in her car, watching us and laughing along with us...

She called out to me and tried to give me a 10 dollar bill... She said that it would give her great pleasure to buy a book for each of my children.  She said that it brought her joy to see us together and wished us God Blessings... I promised her that I would buy books for the kids, and she drove away smiling...

It was such a random interaction, but it makes me smile...

Any one want to join me at Barnes and Noble this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a sweet lady! It's great to have people like that in this world. I wish I could join you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete