My Reasons...

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Reasons # 3,433 and 1,174...

Reasons # 3,433 and 1,174...

I saw a post today that asked the question "What do you do to make your kids laugh?"...

It struck me as odd and contrived... Is there supposed to be a formula to make your kids laugh?  Is there supposed to be a specific guideline?  Did I miss that lesson, because G-d knows I never read the handbook. I never thought it applied to me... And I don't follow directions well, so if there is some flowchart out there,  would probably just miss a step anyway...

What do I do to make my kids laugh?

I don't know that I can put a finger on it... It just comes...

Bean has a very literal way about her... Sometimes I will say or do something that is so ordinary, but to her it is the funniest thing in the universe!  She will finish her hearty-machine-gun-laugh and ask me to repeat myself or recreate the moment... Again... And again... And again... Every time is met with the same innocent-laugh out loud-reckless abandon that only she possesses...

JJ has a very 'slap-stick' way about him... He loves physical humor... And prat falls and tickles... We play a game that we have called 'Happy Face/Very Sad'... One of us makes a sad face and the only goal is to make it into a happy face... It can go on for hours.... 

It's all random and funny and spontaneous.... Sometimes just a funny face will have us cracking up for minutes on end and all of a sudden it will be repeated days or weeks later to be followed by the same hysteria...

I don't ever want to follow a formula or guideline to make my kids laugh, or have them make me laugh...



"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."  ~e.e. cummings

"What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul."  ~Yiddish Proverb

"You can't deny laughter; when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants."  ~Stephen King

"Laughter on one's lips is a sign that the person down deep has a pretty good grasp of life."  ~Hugh Sidey

"A day without laughter is a day wasted."  Charlie Chaplin

"A person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed."  Bennett Cerf 

No comments:

Post a Comment