My Reasons...

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Reason #975

Baby Boy is not a cuddler.  

He gives amazing hugs, kisses freely and says "I Love You" in the sweetest sing-song voice that will melt your heart.  However, he is not a kid that wants to crawl into bed, under the covers and watch a cartoon.  He doesn't sit on your lap and snuggle while you read a book.  He doesn't cuddle...

I have tendencies to be kind of an insomniac.  Things keep me awake at night.  When I sleep, it is broken.  I usually go on a streak until my mind and body just break and I sleep for, like, 7 hours. (yeah, that's alot)

I felt like last night was that night... I feel asleep around 10 and it enveloped me.  Unfortunately,it didn't last... looking at the clock every 15 minutes...

Baby Boy came into my room around 3:00 am.  Typically when he is up in the middle of the night, it is a single word command and back to bed... "Milk"... Last night his single word command was "Bed".

He crawled up into bed, snuggled into my neck, put his hand on my cheek and went to sleep... I closed my eyes and the alarm went off at 5:30.  Two and a half hours and I felt like I had slept for a week!  I turned off the alarm and crawled back into bed with my 'non-snuggly" boy and just felt him sleeping next to me for the next 15 minutes... I can't remember a morning that I have gotten out of bed happier...

This is reason # 975 why I love my boy more than life...

No comments:

Post a Comment