My Reasons...

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Reasons # 3,240 & 984

"Social Networking"

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that any of the following is "wrong" or "silly".  It just is what it is.  I've found myself falling into each of these types...

"Show Offs"
I look at their updates and photos and can't help but wonder how they get to live their lives so carefree.  Don't their kids get the same homework?  Don't they have laundry to do?  Don't their dogs puke on the carpet? How do they get to go to the beach "every" day?  How do they have the money to go on vacation "every" month?

"Complainers"
I look at their updates and can't help wonder how they manage to get out of bed in the morning.  There seems to be a constant black cloud and anvil hanging over their heads Nothing can bring them joy.  I know that I complain about laundry and homework and dog puke... But- Come on.. You can't complain about laundry, homework and dog puke "every" day...

"Documenters"
I look at their updates and photos and I have a sneak peek into their life.  Their likes and dislikes.  Their daily highs and lows.  I love this because there are so many people that I don't get to keep up with and I want to know about birthdays and good days and bad days... But, do I need to know that you just ate a scone?  (Yeah, I know that I've been guilty of that too...)

"Friends Who Are Going Through Un-Imaginable Pain"
When I read these updates, I sometimes have to hold my breath just to get through them.  My heart sinks into my stomach.  Some, I can relate to on deep, personal levels.  And they make me re-live personal hells.  Some simply move me because I am amazed at the strength to endure something that I have never been faced with.  Either way, no one should have to go through these things, especially without being able to share.  Sharing in this type of forum is, somehow, cleansing and relieving...

For the joys and good times that I share...
For the down days and crap that I share...
For allowing you a glimpse into my life...
For allowing me to sympathize and receive sympathy... The thoughtfulness, understanding and encouragement of others....

These are Reasons # 3,240 & 984

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as always, and I can't agree with you more! I totally feel the same way about status updates! I too am guilty of goofy ones, "poor me" ones, and show off ones, but I too, agree, with the friends in pain- my heart sinks and I wish so badly to give a hug to them! I love your blog! ((HUGS)) to Ellie and JJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are very right. I love the pics of Bean and Jon-Jon. You have Adorable kids.

    ReplyDelete